• Book An Appointment
  • Translate this site:

Immigration Solutions

Focused Representation From Accomplished Immigration Lawyers

Immigration law is one of the most complex areas of U.S. law. If you are seeking a visa or green card, facing deportation or dealing with other immigration issues, it is important for your lawyer to be familiar with the statutes, regulations and procedures that impact your case.

At the law firm of Miley & Brown in Dallas, Texas, we focus our practice on immigration law. Contact us to consult with one of our experienced immigration lawyers about any of the following topics:

  • Business-related immigration: Whether for short term or long term, people coming to the U.S. for work purposes must meet specific criteria. Often, this means providing personal qualifications for working in a particular field.
    • Temporary employment visas: We represent employees and employers seeking to complete the temporary work visa applications and in statuses such as E-1 or E-2 (treaty traders or treaty investors), H-1B (specialty occupation workers), L-1A or L-1B (intracompany transferees in an executive or managerial position or intracompany transferee with specialized knowledge), O-1 (persons of extraordinary ability), R-1 (religious workers), and other possibilities.
    • Employment-based green cards: In some cases, workers can obtain permanent resident green cards on the basis of their employment. We guide employees and employers through this complex process. Our clients include persons of extraordinary ability, persons with advanced degrees and professionals in many fields.
  • Family-based visas: Every case is unique when it comes to family-based immigration. At Miley & Brown, P.C., we help clients explore options and determine the most expedient path to immigration based on family relationships.
    • Fiancé visas: If you are planning to get married in the U.S. to someone from a foreign country, you may need to obtain a visa in order to allow your fiancé to enter the country before the wedding takes place.
    • Marriage to a U.S. citizen: If your marriage has already taken place, you may be able to come to the U.S. (or stay in the U.S.) on a spousal visa.
    • Relatives of citizens and permanent residents: If you are a U.S. citizen, you may be able to sponsor your spouse, child, parent or sibling for a green card. Current green card holders are also able to sponsor their spouses and children.
  • Removal of conditions: If you obtained a green card less than two years after marrying a U.S. citizen or as an investor/entrepreneur, your green card may be conditional for two years, and you may need to file for removal of conditions.
  • Citizenship and naturalization: If you have been living in the United States as a permanent resident — on a green card — for three to five years, you may be eligible to apply for citizenship.
  • Deportation and removal defense: If you have been targeted for deportation, or a loved one is currently in custody, you should contact an attorney right away.
  • Asylum applications: We help people fleeing persecution in their home countries complete applications for asylum or refugee status if applicable.

Other Immigration Matters

Our comprehensive immigration services also include:

  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and U visas: If you have been battered by your spouse or parent, you may be eligible to apply for a green card and immigration benefits without his or her involvement. If you have been the victim of a crime or are being helpful to a law enforcement agency, you may be eligible to apply for resident status.
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS): People from certain countries that have been designated as war zones or disaster areas may be eligible for temporary relief from deportation.
  • Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA):Immigrants from certain countries may be eligible for special immigration benefits and relief.
  • Diversity Immigrant Visa Program: This program makes U.S. visas available to people from certain low-immigration countries through an annual lottery.
  • Waivers of inadmissibility: If you are considered ineligible for a visa or green card due to a criminal record or some other factor, you may be able to obtain a waiver.
  • Orphans and adoptions: If you would like to bring an orphan or other child into your family through adoption, we can guide you through the citizenship and naturalization process.
  • Mandamus lawsuits: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has a duty to fairly consider and process immigration applications. If they are not doing so in your case, a lawsuit to require them to do so may be appropriate.

Whatever concerns you may have about the immigration process, don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss those concerns with one of our experienced, dedicated immigration lawyers.