• Book An Appointment
  • Translate this site:

Temporary Employment Visas

« – Go back to Areas of Practice

Entering The U.S. For Work

Have you been offered a temporary job in the United States? Are you an employer looking to temporarily employ someone from another country in the U.S.? In either case, you are facing some strict and potentially confusing immigration requirements.

At the immigration law firm of Miley & Brown in Dallas, Texas, we regularly help both foreign workers and U.S. employers through the temporary work visa process. Contact us to discuss your temporary employment goals with an experienced immigration lawyer.

Temporary Work Visas

Representing Clients In All Types Of Professions

Many different types of people are potentially eligible for temporary work visas that allow them to enter the United States as nonimmigrants for employment purposes. These visas can be used by people who intend to return to their home countries as well as people who intend to eventually apply for employment-based green cards.

Although there are certain special visas for particular professions, generally, the type of job you do matters less than the details of the position you have been offered. We represent all types of clients seeking temporary work visas, including the following:

  • Information technology professionals
  • Teachers and other educators
  • Blue-collar laborers
  • Religious workers
  • Highly qualified academics and professionals
  • Intracompany transfers
  • Investors
  • And many other professions and occupations

If you are seeking a visa for temporary work in the U.S., you will generally need to be sponsored by an employer. This could be a company that already employs you in another country or an American company that has offered you a job.

Guiding Employers Through Foreign Labor Certification

In addition to representing prospective employees, we also represent employers who are seeking to hire employees from abroad with temporary work visas. In most cases, in order to hire foreign talent, you will need to complete the foreign labor certification process. We can guide you through the complex requirements of this procedure.