• Book An Appointment
  • Translate this site:

R-1 Visas

« – Back to Temporary Employment Visas

Coming To The U.S. On R-1 Visas

Miley & Brown, P.C., has extensive experience assisting people from other countries who are applying for temporary employment visas, including religious worker R-1 visas. Often, religious bodies such as churches contact our law firm for help as they prepare to hire ministers, music ministers, religious education personnel and other religious staff members from abroad.

We welcome inquiries from both individuals and religious organizations. Our immigration attorneys are prepared to help you demonstrate eligibility and prepare a compelling application for a temporary employment visa for the purpose of working with a religious organization.

For R-1 visa applications to be successful, both the religious organization and the employee will need to prove that the relationship will be bona fide. A church or other religious organization will need to verify its tax-exempt status.

The religious worker, on the other hand, will need to prove that he or she is a member of the particular religious group (such as a church denomination) and meets the criteria for the religious position being offered to him or her with that group, such as to ordained minister or education for work as a religious youth director.